Thursday 25 September 2014

Fashion Frenzy........ZHIVAGO........and all the beautiful people.

What an awesome night I just experienced. Surrounded by fellow fashionistas, arm candy hotter than... ummmmmmm....... they were just really really really good looking. Think Zoolander....lol. I attended the MBFF [Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival]  2014 Red Runway Show, held in the gorgeous Sydney Town Hall. My daughter Adriana (20 yrs) had the privilege of sitting next to me. Got to love being seen with a size 8 glamazon. Damn. Hope onlookers think we're sisters. One can only hope.

 
Courtesy of Google Images.


The rain couldn't dampen my spirits as I sat amongst the attractive audience . I did feel a little out of my league but who cares. I can be as cool as them, couldn't I? Does anyone even use the word 'cool' anymore?

As I sat there admiring the scenery before the show began, I was frantically posting on social media - as any true fashionista would do. As they say, fake it till you make it. Baby, this mama does not need approval to be amongst these people. I figure if people hate seeing my posts - hit the delete key sweety. Mama Sandra is not slowing down anytime soon.

Some random took this pic of Adriana and I. (Okay, I asked them to take a pic for us).
I look up and I see my first celebrity of the night. Woop. Ronan Keating. Irish singer. Judge on X Factor. Hot stuff in the flesh too. He had his gorgeous lady on his arm. They reminded me of Victoria and David Beckham - good looking and simply stylish. Sigh.


Photos taken by yours truly. Oh Ronan.......sigh. 



Back in the day when I would spot a celebrity, I would make sure they didn't see me as I secretly took a picture of them. Not now though - to my daughter's dismay. I figure if you are a celebrity then you should be okay with the paparazzi flashing their cameras at you. That includes me too. No Canon - just my Samsung phone camera.

Felt pretty chuffed with myself. My pics were pretty good.

Okay, back to the show. The lights are turned down. The music is pumping, and by pumping I mean I can feel the beat run through my body. The first lot of models begin their strut. Not as skeletal as they were at the last show I attended. Although there were a few that needed some CAKE. Nevertheless, they were beautiful and made the clothes they wore beautiful too. I look over to Ronan - he was bopping to the music. You go buddy.

From Carla Zampatti, Cameo the Label, Bec & Bridge, Betty Tran, Camilla, Romance was Born, Alex Perry, Talulah, Bianca Spender, Aurelio Costarella, Jayson Brunson (to name a few) to Zhivago (my favourite of the night) these designers are blessed with their craft. There wasn't anything on show I wouldn't wear ....... if I was a size 8 again. (Size 8 on my Wedding Day 21 years ago. True Story).

My favourite Zhivago number.
 

Arm Candy..... I mean swimsuit for the boys.
 



All pics above were taken by yours truly. 
I loved the swimsuits. Attention Ladies - big pants are back in for bikini bottoms. Think Marilyn Monroe 1950's. I will let you all in on a little secret. I have been wearing that look for years; in the form of SPANX. That makes me a fashionista for sure. I wore it way before these designers decided it was trendy.

Marilyn Monroe. Those bikini bottoms.
Courtesy of Google Images.


See, I told you. I took this pic.

The show was definitely a 10/10. Well done MBFF. I was totally enthralled and gained ample amounts of inspiration for future make up looks. Thank you Maybelline for the flawless finishes on the models.


Pics courtesy of me. 



Feeling pumped, Adriana and I made our way to the Fashion Hub, held downstairs in Sydney Town Hall. I was fortunate to have worked there with my friend Helen back in 2012. It was for Maybelline. They are a great company. Just saying.



Free Lavazza coffee. Sure. Don't mind if I do. Free Maybelline goodies. Yep. Redken hair products - cool. Mr G will be proud (My hairdresser - who resembles Ricky Martin - his salon stocks Redken Hair Products). A swig of Baileys Chocolate Liquor - Mmmmmmmmm. And not to forget the various photos that were taken to make us everyday people feel a bit spesh. Sorry Ronan - I think I'm pretty cool now too.

I could have stayed and partied all night. But this mum of 4 has an early wake up call tomorrow. I'm getting ready to host my Pink Hope Lipstick Night - a charity to raise funds for Breast & Ovarian Cancer Research. Go me! Watch out for my next blog on this event. :-)

I think I'm going to start saving my pennies to purchase a Zhivago number. My hubby just doesn't know it yet. (Sorry baby. I do love you. Please work 8 days a week so mama can buy a designer piece. Please and Thank you).


Zhivago - SandyK wants!!!!!
These pics are courtesy of Google Images.




SK x

No comments:

Post a Comment