Tuesday 9 September 2014

A CHANGE IS AS GOOD AS A HOLIDAY.

Fresh selfie 9/9/14
Day 9 of Spring. What can one do to spice up their look? I know. A haircut.  As I frantically phone my hairdresser (Mr G at HAIR FLAIR BRADBURY) I cross my fingers that he can fit me in last minute. When I get an idea in my head, I have to do it NOW!!!!
"Can you come now?" Mia (hairdresser at Hair Flair) asks.
"Hell yeah!". I grab my bag, don't bother with my attire (was wearing my trackies and Nikes ~ the sporty look without having to actually do sport; no make up) race out the door and drive off.
I arrive eagerly anticipating my new hair style. I pull out my phone to show Mr G my pics I gathered,  on the type of styles I liked.

                                  

After intense discussions and some ideas from the maestro himself, we were about to begin. Eeeeek. Goodbye longish hair.


Mr G doing his thing to transform my look.

Whilst Mr G was attentively snipping away, I couldn't help but think of the pros and cons of shorter hair. I knew I was at the right place ~ Mr G is fabulous with shorter styles.

PROS ~
1. Easier to wash and dry.
2. Easier for me to style it - not as good as Mr G or the girls at Hair Flair though.
3. Its cooler on my neck for the warmer months coming up.
4. Less knots and tangles. Easier therefore to brush.
5. Can still change it up by popping in some soft curls ~ think beach hair; saltwater waves.
6. When colouring hair by your hairdresser, it's cheaper when hair is shorter.

CONS ~
1. Can't tie it up or create any upstyles.
2. Would I like the finished result? Ummmm...Derrr. Of course I will. Mr G is doing it.
3. At this stage..... there are no other cons and very rarely would I do an upstyle. Nobody got time for that!!!

Some tools and products that will assist in the styling of shorter hair, include;

* Use either a paddle brush or a big curling brush to add fullness whilst blow drying.

Pictures Courtesy of Google Images.
   

* Hair serum to flatten frizzy fly aways and add shine to your hair.
Picture Courtesy of Google Images. 
* Root lifter. To give more volume.

Pictures Courtesy of Google Images. 

* Hairspray to set the hair.
* A hair straightener is useful to give your hair the sleek look.

My attention returns to the mirror in front of me. WOW! I love it.

But wait! "Mr G, do you think a fringe will suit me".

With his approval, the bangs were born!!!


The finished product.

I'm loving my new 'Pulp Fiction' inspired hair. I may be no Uma Thurman, but I love the change.

Pulp Fiction 1994 (Uma Thurman) image, Courtesy of Google. 
Feeling very liberated right now!

SK x

For great hair and great shorter styles, talk to the lovely hairdressers at Hair Flair, Bradbury, NSW.
NB. They make an awesome coffee while they work their magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment