Sunday 14 September 2014

EARTH CALLING ALL BEAUTIES. Talking to two finalists of Miss Earth Australia.

What a fabulous week I've had. Celebrating 41 years on this gorgeous planet we call EARTH!

Beauty surrounds us in all shapes and sizes. As a make up artist,  I turn to colours that mother nature paints in her backyard. Gorgeous spring flowers with hues of cornflower blue, soft pinks, lemon and mint. Almost sounds like a recipe to create a pastel montage.
My own pics of gorgeous flowers.
Today, I was invited to do make up for the finalists of Miss Earth Australia. There were 12 gorgeous girls in a lit up room with other make up artists, hairstylists and photographers. Not going to lie; it was a haven for make up inspiration. How could it not be!

I was surrounded by beautiful young women,  who laughed and chatted with their competitors.  They encouraged one another and shared ideas. Wow. No bitchiness here. Just genuine women trying to make a difference.

Which brings me to explaining to you all what Miss Earth Australia is all about.


This information was sought from Google+.

What a great initiative and I feel privileged to be a part of it.

I had the pleasure of doing 1 of the finalists. I was enchanted by her great cheek bones (no need for contouring here). Jen's background was 1/2 Filipino and 1/2 Irish. She was gorgeous.

After discussing her wardrobe attire for the evening, we decided on a soft smoky eye using bronze on the mobile lid and chocolate/charcoal on the outer edges. I added a splash of champaign coloured loose dust and wine coloured eyeshadow through the crease line. A highlighter swept onto the brow bone (an instant brow lift), filled in eyebrows which were styled to perfection, winged black gel liner, mascara and finished with individual lashes to add ooomph to her eyes!

All products I have used are NAPOLEON PERDIS.
 A light rose blush along the jawline teamed with a highlighter on top of the jawline and some bronzing under the jawline (to act as a contour).

You can't deny this beauty a RED lip. I chose one of my favourites at the moment ~ NP Divine Goddess in Eros. This is a blue based red, with a hint of a pink tone. End product is luscious berry lips ~ the perfect accessory to complete Jen's look.

Pic taken from Google Images.
NP Divine Goddess EROS
Jen was now set with make up complete. Next stop was with the hairstylist.



Another finalist arrives and sits next to me. I was mesmerised with this one's beauty. She already had her hair and make up done. I later learnt she did her own make up. She is self taught and a fan of YouTube tutorials on make up application.


All photos of Jen and Nadine were taken by me.


She gave out her hand to me and introduced herself ~ Nadine. She was a Business Student at University wanting to major in Marketing. Brains and beauty = WOW.

She too, like Jen, had a warm nature about her. I was so impressed with her demeanour.  What a wonderful event to take part in. As I write this post; those 12 finalists are parading on stage at Sydney Town Hall. I'm so excited for them and wish them all good luck. I look forward to hearing who will be crowned Miss Earth Australia for 2014!

SK x



No comments:

Post a Comment