Friday 22 August 2014

Laying down the Foundation

Hello my fellow Friday night ravers.
Yes I'm home too and relaxing before a big day of make up tomorrow.
As I clean my brushes and tidy my make up case - yes I am very pedantic when it comes to my case - my pride and joy (next to the kids and hubby of course), I find myself thinking about foundation.
Like a house needs a strong and smooth foundation to withstand bricks and mortar,  so too does your face - the canvas for your master piece.
Whilst teaching make up, I was regularly asked by my students, the difference between a cheap foundation and an expensive one.
Ok, here it is. (These claims are based on my thoughts and experience). They each do the same job; they even out skin tone. However, you will find that the dearer one will have better staying power over the course of the day, therefore you're less likely to re-apply which in turn lasts longer before you have to purchase a new one.
The cheaper foundation will still look good, as long as the colour match is correct and you don't have that distinctive line around the jawline. (NB. Your face is not a colouring book - just saying.) You may find it won't last on your face as long which means you will be wasting a lot more and hence having to make a purchase sooner.
Foundation is NOT putty. It should be used sparingly to build the coverage you desire. LESS IS MORE - more or less. Starting from the nose you BLEND the foundation outwards, towards the jawline. Notice I stressed the word BLEND. This is where too many girls go wrong, regardless what foundation is used - cheap or expensive. If it's not blended its going to look crap.  Call me blunt but it had to be said.
What's my favourite foundation? I'm a little biased but I love my Napoleon Perdis. This is the range I use on my clients. Why? Cause I know it is a great brand that delivers a flawless finish every time. Oh and I was fortunate to have worked for the company for 3 years. This was where my make up foundations were laid...see what I did there!
I will discuss the importance of preparing the skin and the application of foundation in a future post. But for now, I must sign off and get some sleep.
Goodnight lovely people. Enjoy your weekend. Stay safe.
SK x



No comments:

Post a Comment