Monday 31 August 2015

WHAT'S TRENDING IN THE WORLD OF BEAUTY & MAKE UP!

WELCOME SPRING. WELCOME SEPTEMBER. WHAT HAVE YOU IN STORE FOR US?
Kerrie Hess Design
Can you smell the flowers? Look out your window - do you see sunshine like I do? Do you see pops of colour in the garden? I love SPRING. I love the smells that perfume my garden. I love the colours that cover the grounds. It's a HAPPY time and it's the beginning of everything new for mother nature.

Spring also brings with it new beauty on our runways. Fresh faces are emerging with pops of colour. The MBFF begins this month - a must see if you are in Sydney. So much glamour and beauty graces the runway. Inspiration is at its peak. For me anyway.

So what's trending at present you ask. Last night I introduced my Spraytanning class that I teach - a new buzz word - TONTOURING. Yep. No spelling error here. What is it???? Well, after sussing this new technique out in the pages of the latest Professional Beauty magazine - TONTOURING refers to contouring the face/body using manual tan (tan in a can). What the???

Let me explain. You will love me for it as it will be the new 'cool thing' on our beaches. Mark my word.

Pic courtesy of Google Images
Tontouring is utilising a manual tan over your face/body - in the correct shade to suit your colour of course - and then using a darker shade to contour the cheek bones or abs or whatever else you like. Can you imagine???? Looking hot and being able to splash around in the waves without worrying about your make up disappearing. Who is the genius who came up with this?  I love them.

Another beauty buzz word that emerged some months ago is STROBING - think strobe lights. Yep. Contouring using highlighters as the feature focus on the face. Areas that will benefit from this technique is under the eyes, top of the cheekbones, middle of forehead and the cupid's bow (the centre of the top lip).
Pic courtesy of Google Images 
Big this season is WHITE. In particular white LACE. I'm loving these gorgeous pieces. Once upon a time, white was left for bridal couture. Now, white is acceptable for all occasions. As a make up artist, I see more bridesmaids wearing white too. The pop of colour is seen in the floral bouquet instead.

Regardless, embrace all colours. Begin now. September we welcome you.

SK x

No comments:

Post a Comment