Monday 10 August 2015

LAZY SUNDAY DRIVES TO REJUVENATE THE SOUL.

I finally found an afternoon where I could do whatever I liked - it only took 2 years, but hey, one cannot complain considering I work weekends.
I suggested to hubby we take a drive to the southern highlands, to a place I visited back in February - when I did make up for a bridal party.
So with 2 kids in tow, we set off on a Sunday arvo adventure. The sun was shining and it was so warm in the car - how can we not be enjoying ourselves already!

Pic courtesy of Google Images
Getting out is not only fun but therapeutic for your well being. Serotonin soaks up the sunshine to bring peace to our mind - washing away stress and anxiety of everyday living. The sunshine also infuses Vitamin D - a vitamin most of us lack and therefore we are low in Vit D. Vitamin D is vital for healthy bones and for overall optimal good health. So soak up that sunshine as much as you can - as long as you still slip slop slap during the strongest UV times of the day - between 11am & 2pm.

Pic Courtesy of Google Images

On arrival to our gorgeous destination, BENDOOLEY ESTATE, BERRIMA, NSW - the entire atmosphere brought instant calm and relaxation to my well being. Ok, so maybe the Rose wine I got to sip had a little to do with the calm. Lol.


BENDOOLEY ESTATE BERRIMA NSW. 



We decided on an impromptu late lunch and boy was I grateful for it. Freshly cooked pasta with lemon infusion, blue swimmer crabs and chilli made for a delicious 'snack' for me, whilst hubby indulged in the Pork belly and the amazing burger. My mouth is watering still. My younger two girls enjoyed their specially made Shirley Temples (soda) and dived into their wood fire pizza - with fresh basil and mozzarella on top. One word - DELICIOUS.






To finish off our lunch, we did refuse the dessert but were quickly talked into trying the dessert of the day. OMG. HEAVEN. All I could think was why did I have to share this exquisite masterpiece with hubby. I want it all to myself. MINE. MINE. MINE.



There are no words, so here is a picture of the dessert - Panna Cotta with berries, pistachios, topped with Persian fairy floss - spun sugar.

DELICIOUS.

Coffee to complete our meal and we were feeling fabulous. Furthermore, this wonderful place was situated within an old Book Shop - think loads of Shakespeare, Poetry, History - so a quick browse to excite our senses just that tad more, before we returned home - back to the hustle and bustle.

Hubby checking out the literature.

I totally recommend to escape for just the day perhaps once every few months. It may have been one afternoon, but it certainly recharged my batteries and gave me a sense of relaxation. Healthy mind people, healthy life and a happy WOMAN. That is all.



SK x

No comments:

Post a Comment