Sunday 8 July 2018

Changing mindset & losing unwanted weight!

Life has thrown many obstacles my way over the last few years and I'm sure it is nothing out of the ordinary that perhaps you have gone through too. It's like our life cycle rides the roller coaster of emotions, not knowing what is waiting for us at the end. Happiness, fear, uncertainty or grief; each of these emotions can smash into a million fragments, just waiting for us to put the pieces back together again.

Pic from Google images 

I find myself questioning why sometimes I feel sad for no reason at all. Home life is great, kids are great and driving me mad which is normal and my career is on point. I can't say that I'm depressed; rather my body feels depressed. No energy and feeling lethargic for no reason. Health professionals suggest exercise. Ummm.... really! I have no energy to do simple tasks like brush my teeth and they want me to go for a walk. F@*k that! Even that wasn't making sense to me.



Now if I'm being totally honest, this hasn't only happened once, but seems to reoccur every 3 to 4 years. I don't recall signing up for this roller coaster hell as I know it. So you would think that I would know how to handle it all when it decides to vist again. Nope!!! I really have no answers but I do know I'm not alone in this constant battle. When it decides to rear its ugly head, it's like it's hitting me for the very first time.

How we decide to deal with our emotions really depends on how we perceive everything around us. Recently I have had friends and family tell me how great I've been looking as I have lost a little bit of weight. " How have you done it" they've asked.

Pic from Google Images

Honestly there is no diet. No surgeries. And certainly no gym - I hate exercise. Do I still eat CAKE..... hell yeh. All in moderation. And ...... I no longer eat my family's leftovers, cause I didnt want to throw food away. It all comes down to mindset. I'm 44 (don't say that out loud) and I have type 2 diabetes; I'm on daily insulin injections; I take 6 tablets daily and I have 4 children - who I want to be around for in the future. Now that's a wake up call if I ever got one.

So I decided on my own, that I need to fix this. Doctors have been telling me for years but I was too stubborn to listen. That is the rebel in me defying all professionals lol. But the decision had to be made by ME. I'm the only one who can steer this ride.

Weight loss at my age is not easy. It's a journey rather than a destination. How do I finally get it now but when I was going through hell in my head; I could not see or think clearly!!!

The last 3 months has been a journey of decluttering my life; decluttering the house - yes I'm a hoarder. Decluttering my emotions; decluttering my excess weight and decluttering people who have taken advantage of my kindness. Sound familiar? I can guarantee that you too have been down this road. The weight off my shoulders was literally falling off. Letting go of negative thoughts shifted the negative build up in my body and released the excess baggage I was carrying.  I haven't gone mad trust me. I just see and feel things differently.
Pic from Google images 

I'm no longer eating cause I'm bored. I use my time to write, do marketing for my business (yes on FB and Instagram - don't judge me) and go on mini adventures. This is my way of healing and learning to respect ME again, cause let's face it, if you can't love yourself how do you have the potential to love others? Deep yeh?

That's all I've done to shift this unwanted weight. It's still hard work. But am I happier? YES! And healthier and fitting into jeans I haven't been able to wear in years (insert happy dance). Patience is also practised. It's not going to be fixed immediately.  But the journey becomes less painful knowing there is a positive outcome waiting for us.

If I'm able to make just a handful of readers smile; knowing that no one is alone when feeling blue, then I choose happiness for good. Write down your thoughts in a journal. Seeing your goals written down reinforces our brains we are on a mission.

And that brings me to the end of today's blog. So eat the cake, drink champagne, put on some lipstick and flutter those lashes peeps. Happy thoughts all the way!!



SK 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment