Thursday 23 August 2018

TRIED, TESTED & ENJOYED BY THE LIPSTICK FILES.

So many amazing products have landed on my doorstep. They are gifts from me to me. No freebies here my lovelies. I actually spend money to make money in this industry. In order to truly appreciate beauty and hair products, one must invest in some trial and error. So here we go, Sandikay's latest little treasures I've tried; oh and visited and read.

My stash!

PRIORI SKIN REGIME
When your skincare no longer performs to your standards; it's time to introduce active ingredients into the equation. Active ingredients are the perfect recipe to combat fine lines and wrinkles in order to build collagen and elastin, that age has defied us. Once we hit age 25, our skin decides to have a break from performing at its optimal health. It's like it has decided to retire from looking so firm and plump. How rude yeh? Enter, active ingredients - to assist in rebuilding the collagen and elastin that our skin has decided to abandon.
Priori is a skincare brand that I use on my clients, in the salon that I work in. I love it so much that my girls use it too - great and gentle enough for all skin types and conditions. The milky cleanser is safe enough to use am and pm. It's well known for the AHAs it includes. What's an AHA you ask? Alpha Hydroxy Acid. Think of it as a vacuum cleaner for your skin. It picks up all the dead skin cells that have landed on the skin surface. It gently exfoliates  - removing the debris and leaving a clean slate for serums and moisturisers to absorb better. Not to mention how great make up will sit now that new skin cells are exposed.
The Eye cream is a must for those dark circles and puffy bags that have moved in and made themselves comfortable without an invitation. The secret though, is consistency. You MUST use everyday and or night to get visible results. If you get lazy, try doing it at night, as this is when our skin cells rejuvenate. It's a YES from me.

ALYA PINK CLAY MASK
Think hydration, brightening and fresh skin. That's what this baby delivers. Once a week, after I've cleansed and exfoliated, i brush on this mask. Pink clay is known for it's gentleness on all skin types, especially dry and sensitive skins. It assists in reducing inflammation, associated with acne and overall irritation. Available online www.alyaskin.com  A must have in your beauty cabinet. Oh and best applied by brush.

EVO HAIRCARE PRODUCTS
Think; great smelling, good for the environment and free of petrochemicals and SLS's which is a bonus for our overall health. Oh and how can I forget to mention - is amazing for my hair. I currently use the shampoo, heat primer and hairspray. The smell is divine too. Yes I know, I've already said that. But take my word for it and try it. Great holding power for my tresses.

BOBBI BROWN COSMETICS
Not Bobby Brown the singer; rather the amazing Make Up Artist from the USA. Her products are the bomb. I got to attend a product knowledge workshop some months back, held at the Pro Make Up store in Mosman. Lip liners are so smooth and the Vitamin E cream smells delicious - subtle hints of citrus. The eye cream is top notch and the foundation has become a favourite of my eldest daughter; who was lucky enough to try it thanks to her brilliant mum. Lol. Too far? Ahhh well, it is true though!

CHANEL No. 5 PARFUM
So much exquisiteness in one bottle. I was fortunate to be gifted this beautiful scent by my dearest cousin. She knows me too well, or it's the fact we are both Virgos and born 3 days apart. We have that 'sisterly' connection that has always hovered over us. This perfume is soft and sweet, with hints of floral goodness. So feminine, yet bold and empowering. Just the way I like it.

FAVE NEW DESTINATION - discovered a few years back, during working my magic for Bridal Make up.
I've been a fan of Bendooley Estate for years now, but recently took my two teenaged daughters for lunch and a perusal of the Book Shop that has been made famous for its amazing library of old books. My crab linguine was delicious, followed by a peach billini and a degustation of desserts that were to die for, or in my case, forgo my diet. All this goodness whilst the crackle of the fire place warmed our hearts and bodies of course. It was FREEZING outside. The Southern Highlands truly are magnificent.

Road tripping

Always so inviting

Books for days. And yes I did buy a few!

DELICIOUS 

Toasty and warm


LATEST READ - AM I DOING THIS RIGHT? BY TANYA HENNESSY
OMG. I cried and I was only on Page 2! I couldn't put it down. It was hilarious.  She is one funny chick. I first discovered this beauty on Facebook. She does parodies on beauty and hair salon encounters.  She hits the nail on the head and represents all us artists with what we are all really thinking. This book doesn't dissapoint. It's real, raw, witty and the best medicine to make you laugh and pee your pants a little lol. What's even more amazing, Tanya liked my instagram post in regards to my lunch time antics. See, she is genuine!!!



And there you have it. Venture out and try new things; products, destinations and enjoy reading the old fashion way - buy a book.

SK💋

No comments:

Post a Comment