Friday 15 June 2018

ALMOST 45 AND FINALLY FEELING ALIVE!

Forty Five!
FORTY FIVE!


If I say it out loud and write it down a few times; I'm hoping it sinks in. Wtf!!! Only five years to 50. Halfway to 90. (Insert anxiety).





What is a forty five year old supposed to feel like? Well, how much time do we have?? Will I qualify?

* Aching bones. ✔
* Crosses legs with every sneeze. ✔
* Gazes into mirror on a daily basis, lifting sagging boobs, sagging chin & squeezes the tummy rolls whilst thinking, "I'm getting old. I need to lose weight. I seriously need a magic wand". ✔
* Sings along to 90s and millenial r'n'b and thinks she owns it. (think Salt n Pepa) (imagine car ride with 2 teenagers in tow shaking their heads in disgust). (Me thinking....'I'm a cool mum, not a regular mum'). ✔
* Describes hair colour as naturally brown with a few sparkles. Ok, I'm pretty much 100% grey. Don't believe me? Ask my hairdresser. ✔
* Tries to make white in style. As in White,  I refer to my Skin on my legs. Think albino!! And.....I do spraytans too. ✔



* I'm going to be a 'mother of the bride'. Yikes ✔
* I'm going to be a MOTHER INLAW.  😲 ✔
* Gets a kick out of making people feel good about themselves. ✔
* Tries to figure out what makes me feel good about myself. Struggles to compliment myself. 🤔 ✔
* Is looking for appraisal from my family when I finally cook a dish worth bragging about.  ✔
* Can admit I'm a hoarder/clutterer.  Apparently I'm a ' Knowledgeable clutterer, a Sentimental clutterer and a Just in Case clutterer, according to The Living Room TV show. 🤔 ✔
* Can finally put my health first to live a longer, happier life. I want to live to 103. 100 so I can receive my birthday wishes from Lizzie (the Queen); except she won't be around for that long. Maybe I can send her a 100 birthday card instead. ✔
* The extra 3 years are for doing absolutely fuck all. Maybe catch up on Netflix that I haven't got time to watch now! ✔
* Still can bust a move to today's music....think Cardi B, Drake, The Weekend & Kendrick Lamar. HAVE I LOST YOU YET?? DON'T JUDGE. (insert my teenagers dis-owning me right about now) 😁😆🤣 ✔
* Being able to actually admit to all of the above! ✔

Yep, I think I'm ready to turn 45 in the next 3 months. Watch this space! ✔

SK 💋


No comments:

Post a Comment