Tuesday 26 May 2015

BEAUTY QUEEN SOUL SEARCHING.

This Friday, yours truly will be embarking on yet another adventure. I will be surrounded with bling, gowns and gorgeous pearly white smiles. I am off to judge a BEAUTY PAGEANT! Not just any pageant may I add. This one will be crowned Miss Oceana International - a girl who is passionate about her surroundings and will go on to represent Australia overseas.

Picture courtesy of Google Images

I have been asked to organise the make up application backstage as well as sit on the judges panel. To say I'm a little excited is an understatement. I have organised a wonderful creative team that will beautify our contestants, whilst I search deep into the souls of our pageant entrants.


A Face Chart I threw together to get an idea of the look the girls will wear.

As I write this post, I think about what it means to be crowned in a beauty pageant. As a young girl, who always thought she would one day have the honour of speaking those special words......."I want world peace and to stop world hunger".......... I was fascinated by the gorgeous women with their long silky hair, their perfect smiles and their gowns that were fit for a princess. Last but not least, that CROWN. Wow.


These pictures were courtesy of Google Images 

The gorgeous Miss World Oceana from a few years back - Erin Holland.

But now years on (not that many years ok) I realise there is so much more these young ladies have to give. The majority of these girls are career oriented and are role models for our younger teens. They are knowledgeable and have engaged themselves in charity awareness.

Miss Oceana has set the standard far and beyond. Contestants were invited to join from all cultures and backgrounds and there was NO size restrictions. Big girls have beauty too you know. I have always said that you can be the most beautiful girl around, but if your personality stinks, then I'm sorry my dear, but you are UGLY.

Picture courtesy off Google Images

I am so honoured to be a part of this. I look forward to meeting all of the contestants and learning more about them.

I will be doing make up for models partaking in the fashion parade, that will be showcasing hair couture before the pageant begins. I can't wait to share the pictures from this with you all next week.

My awesome creative team, who I will mention in my next blog - will have the duty to provide the gorgeous girls with a makeover, making them glamorous as they walk the stage.

Finally, I would like to add that this pageant - Miss Oceana International - would not have substance if it didn't have a purpose. The money raised from this will be going to a charity that raises awareness of child abuse. No child should be mistreated and put under this abuse.  My creative team are volunteering their time for this wonderful cause.


Stay tuned till next week, when I will give you a rundown of our special night.

SK x



No comments:

Post a Comment